Initiated in early 2008, the goal of Living Hope is to restore dignity to vulnerable women in Africa.
Left abandoned or widowed, the target group is HIV+ single women, returnees from abduction into the rebel army in northern Uganda and teenage mothers.
The goal is to restore dignity to these women in the following ways:
• Improving quality of life, assisting them with basic necessities such as food, clothing, shelter and medical care
• Providing comprehensive HIV/AIDS care including counseling and psychosocial support
• Empowering and equipping with vocational skills that will enable them to become productive members of their community
• Setting up self-sustainable, income-generating projects using micro-finance loans
• Spiritual and moral discipleship
It is a widespread, but unacknowledged problem that girls in Africa miss school and stay at home when they reach the age of menstruation.
In addition to empowering adult women, Living Hope established an initiative called ‘Keep A Girl in School’ which aims to address primary school drop-out and increase primary school exam completion among adolescent girls. This is achieved through the provision of sanitary towels and hygiene supplies along with strategic teaching on character development and life skills. The program also educates parents and the extended community on the benefits of girl child education.
Partner with us today
1. Embrace - Reaching out to the most vulnerable women by caring for their basic, essential needs.
2. Empower - Developing and growing their life skills so they can build a sustainable life of dignity.
3. Engage - Helping ladies become successful business women and pillars of influence in their communities. To partner with Living Hope, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org